Amma Bhagavan Sharanam

Amma Bhagavan Sharanam
Amma Bhagavan Sharanam

Thursday, January 26, 2012

A BEAUTIFUL INSIGHT


Guha and Lord Rama
Pic courtesy: http://smilemakerkrishna.blogspot.com

OLD DIARIES: Continued……………….

Another instance when I got a wonderful reply:

One day I was walking near the fish market that is very close to my flat. A sudden thought came into my mind.  Just a few months before this event, I had given up buying silk saris and leather handbags and even stopped eating cakes that have egg in them since I had reached the conclusion that killing for our pleasure is totally wrong. I thought, if my belief was right, how come Baghavan Ram had eaten fish that was offered by Guhan? I forgot this after a while [that is, once I left the stench of the fish market]. But God obviously had not forgotten my question. That very evening, my husband bought me a red rose and a black forest cake and went down on his knees and told me what a wonderful wife I was, etc. partly seriously and partly in joke. I thanked him and asked him if the cake contained egg. He looked bewildered and told me that it had not struck him to check. He only wanted to buy a black forest cake since he knew how much I liked it and had not thought of anything else. There was my reply. ‘What is given with love is to be accepted for what it is, without questions or conditions’.

And that’s what Lord Ram had done.

3 comments: